Maintenance Technician (Installation, Maintenance, and Repair)
Perform necessary repairs, preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance on plant production equipment and facilities equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Understand and follow plant safety rules including safe machine operation.
- Personal Protective Equipment is to be used where required.
- Ensure proper and safe operating conditions of all production and related equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical blueprints, specifications, and technical data.
- Analyze and resolve all mechanical, electrical issues related to the equipment.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of electrical controls/PLCs including troubleshooting and repairing electrical systems.
- Responsible for maintaining all manufacturing process equipment by performing preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, routine repairs and calibration with minimal downtime.
- Perform all duties in a safe, professional and efficient manner.
- Diagnose root cause of problems with production equipment to determine the best solution: electrical or mechanical.
- Document parts used, and repairs completed in the CMMS. Assist in maintaining the appropriate stock of spare parts and parts room is organized.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge in hydraulic and pneumatic equipment/procedures.
- Have knowledge in electricity and control.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Prefer strong electrical skills including experience with PLCs and drives, troubleshooting control circuits.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to follow instructions.
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts