Research Assistant - Think + Speak Core, full-time
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
The Research Associate will conduct research projects/studies by developing project objectives, determining appropriate procedures, selecting statistical analyses to be employed, interviewing research subjects, overseeing project progress, producing reports detailing the results, and functioning as project manager on an as-needed basis.
The Research Associate will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Research Associate will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Research Associate:
- Interviews research subjects and collects clinical data and medical record information.
- Plans execution of the study, determining appropriate research methodology and statistical procedures to be utilized.
- Develops research objectives and writes research proposals.
- Prepares technical reports and articles detailing research results. Co-authors publications explaining research projects.
- Performs and interprets complex statistical analysis of resulting data in order to solve technical problems.
- Programs computer software and hardware to meet the specifications necessary for statistical analysis, providing technical assistance in solving computer function and operation problems.
- Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Reports directly to Lab Manager, Research Scientist, or Project Director
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.