Quality Manager - Plastics - Elmhurst
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
We just partnered with a well known injection molding shop in the Elmhurst area. They have been in business for over 25 years and have a 120,000 SF facility with over 50 machines and 6 that are fully automated. They serve the automotive industry as a Tier I/II supplier, they parts include under the hood applications and exterior ascetics.
We just partnered with a well known injection molding shop in the Elmhurst area. They have been in business for over 25 years and have a 120,000 SF facility with over 50 machines and 6 that are fully automated. They serve the automotive industry as a Tier I/II supplier, they parts include under the hood applications and exterior ascetics. The seek a Quality Manager, as their current Quality Manager will be retiring in the coming months. This role will report directly to ownership and oversee a team of 10 including 2 Quality Engineers and 8 inspectors.
- Customers include BMW, Honda, Toyota
- 24/5 Shift, with over 100 employees
- ISO 9001: 2015 and IATF Certified
- Daily monitoring of all jobs that are currently running on shop floor.
- Supervise all QA inspectors across all shifts
- Daily review of production schedule and communicate necessary and or required information to all QC inspectors
- Daily coordination with in-process inspectors and floor inspectors across all shifts.
- Review floor rejection and provide report(s) at each daily production meeting.
- Review all QA data for all current running jobs to ensure/confirm all parts are being produced per specifications.
- Review backlog from secondary activities and provide detailed report to daily production meetings.
- Identify, issue, and coordinate all internal corrective actions with respective departments.
- Follow up on all issued internal corrective actions and complete all documents with respective department heads.
- Lead all activities related to ISO 9000/IATF 16949 QMS
- Assist QE with all customer complaints
- Maintain and update internal corrective action log.
- Makes recommendations to the ISO 9000/IATF 16949 QMS
- 5+ years related experience, prior experience with injection molding
- Experience serving the automotive industry, highly preferred
- Experience implementing a Quality System (iQMS) desired
- Six Sigma Certification/Experience is a plus
- ASQ Certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and IATF
- Competitive base salary, between $75,000-$95,000, commensurate with experience and skills
- Bonus Opportunity, Paid Yearly
- 100% Health care covered by EMPLOYER (Family and Individual)
- 15 Days of paid time off
- 5 Sick Days
- 8 Company Holidays
- 401(k) with 4% company match