Business Development Manager
SGS North America
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Senior Director of Business Development will have a proven track record in building new and maintaining productive client relationships in the clinical research industry. He/she will be able to achieve individual and team revenue and sales objectives through proactive communication and sales of SGS Clinical Research Services to new and assigned clients.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
• Develop and implement a strategic business development plan for the US to meet/advance the company’s objective, to develop new business and maintain/grow key client business relationships, to support the growth of the organization
- Make sales calls to prospective new clients to initiate new business relationships
- Create business opportunities through client needs identification and relationship building
- Utilize strategies and implement tactics to persuade prospective sponsors to contract with SGS Clinical Research.
- Develop and implement individual, territory and key account strategies that are specifically geared to the growth and retention of the client base.
- Must be able to design and deliver powerful solution-driven capabilities and proposal defense presentations in collaboration with highly skilled clinical and operations personnel
- Coordinate the efforts for response to Requests for Proposals/Information
- Represent SGS Clinical Research at industry-related conferences and trade shows.
- Provide continuous general intelligence on all key competitors; their services, acquisitions and pricing.
- Provide daily updates to the CRM system
- Provide weekly sales reports outlining major client visits, phone calls and accomplishments and objectives/goals achieved or missed.
- Determine new approaches to problem solving and devise solutions within scope of responsibility.
- Able and willing to travel throughout assigned geographical territory
- May include mentoring and/or managing Business Development team members in the US.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure without supervision
- Excellent communication skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Good organizational skills; ability to prioritize, delegate, and evaluate work.
- Strong, and effective presentation skills; ability to convincingly present features and benefits of service to clients
- Strong interpersonal skills creating and maintaining a positive dialogue with both clients and colleagues
- Excellent negotiating skills
BA/BS or MS in business or life sciences
- Ten (10) years of sales experience in CRO industries
- Clinical Operations background preferred
- Knowledgeable in the drug development process preferably gained within a CRO
- Fluent in English language – written and oral
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and sales management software
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.