Quality Engineer - Manufacturing - Frankfort (IL)
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- The Quality Engineer will be a key individual in implementing QMS procedures related to CAPAs, product reliability, supplier quality, and risk management for the manufacturing processes
- Assist in the development and maintaining of ISO standards, internal/external audits, and quality control & inspection procedures
Our client has a global presence and with over 7 locations throughout North America. They are a leading manufacturer of pneumatic, actuators, and hydraulic equipment for a variety of large customers in automotive, agriculture, packaging. They seek a Quality Engineer to join their growing team located in the Frankfort area. Founded over 60 years ago, they have organically grown and are known for their culture and ability to develop employees to their full potential.
The Quality Engineer with report to the Quality Manager and sit on a team of 7 other quality personnel responsible for maintaining manufacturing QMS and customer complaints. Duties will include:
- Assist in the management of the QMS. This includes quality system requirements including test and inspection plans and product reliability, supplier quality program, risk management and to ensure compliance to ISO 9001:2015.
- Reviews quality standards, tolerances, and engineering changes.
- Investigate, establish, and implement requirements for inspection and testing methods, techniques, equipment, and facilities.
- Assist internal audit program and conduct internal audits as needed.
- Investigate and recommend alternatives to product designs and manufacturing methods.
- Performs inspections and sets quality assurance testing models for analysis of raw materials, materials in process, and finished products.
- Participant and/or champion for Corrective Action and Preventative Action (CAPA) process.
- Work directly with customers to resolve quality issues.
- Works with manufacturing and engineering functions.
- Drive visual management into all aspects of the manufacturing environment.
- Optimize manufacturing processes to attain product quality, efficiency, and repeatability.
A successful Quality Engineer will possess the following skills and experiences in return for a competitive compensation package:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technically equivalent field
- 2+ years of experience in Quality Engineering for manufacturing
- Strong SPC knowledge and application to manufacturing operations
- Experience with manufacturing internal and external audits
- ISO knowledge preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Competitive base salary between $75,000-85,000, depending on project experience and skills
- Comprehensive benefits package BCBS (Medical, Dental, Vison, ST/LT, Life)
- 401(k) with 6% match
- 10 PTO Days, plus 5 personal days
- Opportunity for paid training/ certifications