Information Security Project Manager
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
JOB SUMMARY: Apply principles, techniques and best practices in the planning, organizing and implementation of projects by preparing and managing project documentation, deliverables, milestones, resource management and schedules. Partner with IT to promote open lines of communication and adherence to the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) standards and processes.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as Project Manager for the implementation of system projects due to new, enhanced or integrated functionality as well as the introduction of new product offerings.
• Initiate, plan, execute, control and close project activities.
• Define and verify scope, develop project plans and timetables, and create roles and responsibilities matrix
• Develop work plans for each subproject/department and prepare summary for management review.
• Execute and maintain project plans; review, track, monitor and report on project status; identify, track and resolve issues by proposing viable solutions.
• Calculate, mitigate and monitor risk, creating contingency plans and advising management, as appropriate.
• Perform defect management
• Establish and maintain working relationship with all departments, stakeholders and external customers involved with project.
• Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
• Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
• Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s core values.
• Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data – this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
JOB SCOPE: Incumbent works under minimal direction and uses independent judgment to identify issues, trends & problems and recommend action plans and evaluate results on projects that may not be clearly defined. Work is varied and complex, requiring the individual to use a broad range of knowledge gained through prior project management experience. The position works with internal and external sources to complete objectives, keeping the needs of external and internal customers as a priority when making decision and taking action.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Computer Science, or 4 years of related experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Management capacity preferably in a fast paced, rapidly changing business and technology environment.
• Experience in a Project Management Organization preferred
• Experience in managing IT and corporate projects
• Experience with Information Security and Infrastructure projects preferred
• Experience with cross-functional project coordination across different product and technology verticals
• Experience on a project team that successfully implemented new technologies, work processes or process improvements preferred
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification (or working towards it) preferred
• Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable
• Knowledge of Healthcare industry and understanding all major workflows associated with the healthcare claim processing helpful but not required
• Knowledge of broad range project methodologies and best practices for requirements definition and management including Waterfall, Iterative, Agile, and SDLC
• Communication (oral, written and listening), project management, analytic, organization, interpersonal, prioritization, multi-tasking, initiating, communication, planning and technical skills
• Ability to use software and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Project and Project Server
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and cooperative relationships throughout the organization
• Ability to demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service and follow-through
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects including continuous evaluation and re-ordering of priorities as business needs dictate
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers
• Ability to be flexible and creative in problem solving and identifying process improvements
• Ability to anticipate business needs and think with a business owner mind-set
• Ability to recognize and apply project management best practices to fit a variety of situations
• Ability to adhere to corporate work ethic standards
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (low copay & deductible)
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) + match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Summer Hours
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.