Senior Data Analyst, Business Operations
Are you passionate about solving business problems through data-driven decision making? You will be responsible for developing and measuring metrics across the marketing organization. Your analyses will significantly contribute and influence the development of our strategy and drive impact against our company business objectives. You will work closely with cross functional teams to achieve business objectives and communicate insights to key stakeholders. You will recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis, including data integrity, analysis, validation, and documentation and drive results in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment but most of all you will bring integrity and accountability through data driven decisions to the Business Operations team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Partner with Sales to evaluate business KPIs that ultimately lead data-driven decisions.
- Create monthly Business Review packets to support our business partners and help build the narrative for internal presentations.
- Create and develop compelling reports that track KPIs and provide actionable recommendations.
- Operate seamlessly between being a business-savvy internal consultant and a highly technical analyst, with the ability to clearly communicate insights to senior leadership.
- Support Sales in report automation, ad-hoc and routine analysis.
- Develop and maintain dashboards, advanced reporting, analytics, and other reports using tools available in the landscape including and not limited to Tableau, SFDC, custom Microsoft based reporting solutions, Excel, etc.
- Design and build visualization dashboards to accelerate information-to-action at scale.
- Performing regular system audits to ensure complete and accurate reporting of data/metrics.
- Develop programs, methodologies, and reports for analyzing and presenting data.
- Act as a SME for reporting stack of tools as well as delivering training to team members on the usage of these tools.
- Have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-organizationally.
- Focus on process optimization and utilize best in class workflows and applications to optimize business processes.
- Have strong communication and project management skills, enabling you to work with key business stakeholders to understand business requirements and shape analytical deliverables.
- Other initiatives as defined by leadership.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience applying analytical techniques to provide solutions to real business problems
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate ambiguous business requirements into complex analyses and actionable insights
- Experience partnering with executive-level leaders to identify and solve business issues through the provision of data analysis and insights
- Growth mindset - Would rather be given a hint or pushed in the right direction to solve a problem rather than be told out right
- Expert level analytical and complex problem solving skills in their functional area, with the ability to influence as a leader across functions
- Proactive -- do not wait to be told what report/insight to work on next
- Ability to establish immediate credibility at all levels, inside and outside the organization must exude both confidence and humility with a customer-first focus
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Business, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance or related field
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in Data Analysis and Strategy
- 2-3 years supporting Sales leadership or Sales Operations
- Ability to get into the details while appropriately setting and communicating broader Business strategy
- Highly analytical and process oriented.
- Proven ability to tell a story through data and communicate effectively with senior leadership; mastery of advanced visualization techniques with an ability to translate findings for a general business audience.
- Experience with large complex database systems & architecture, structured & unstructured data; with diverse analytics methodologies and approaches; expert ability to connect data/metrics to business metrics/results