OPERATIONS TRAINING COORDINATOR
To develop and manage a training system that will incorporate production training with an auditing process to insure our members have the proper skills to perform their job. Monitor the effectiveness of the training through audits performed at the members work area by a physical inspection of their work and supporting documentation.
- Develop a training curriculum that will meet the needs of the production membership
- Organize/schedule training for the membership
- May provide classroom instruction
- Conduct floor audits which will include actual inspection of product at a given operation along with validating compliance to any other requirement
- Develop metrics that will provide leadership with feedback on the effectiveness of the training and defects found during the audits
- Provides insight and direction to the management team for what is an appropiate level and type of training
- Maintains the training database for the production members
- Performs routine certification and recertifications
- Conduct quarterly mentor meetings to address training, quality and performance issues
- Create certification cards for process specific certification for each area of specialization
- Revise and update training and BDDS documents
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- Work generally performed in a production environment and may take the member into various areas of the plant.
- Exposure to noise, chemical solutions, dust, and slightly colder or warmer than normal room temperatures are possible.
- Some areas may require personal protective equipment and awareness of surrounding safety hazards.
- Demonstrated ability to plan projects and follow through to completion
- Knowledge of quality concepts including lean, kaizen, Six Sigma, etc.
- Ability to interpret drawings and other specifications
- Good understanding of manufacturing practices and procedures
- Strong communication and teamwork capabilities
- Strong Computer Skills - MS Office
Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent, a degree is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of production experience
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer