Information Security Engineer - Chicago
The Federal Savings Bank
The Federal Savings Bank Information Security Anaylst???s primary function is to support the Information Security Officer and to implement, monitor, and investigate security measures for the protection of The Federal Savings Bank???s computer systems, software, networks and information. This position will be based out of our brand new Chicago, IL headquarters office will report directly to the Bank's Information Security Officer. Only local applicants will be considered.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform Security Incident investigation on reported cases
- Define SOP???s to investigate various types of incidents
- Responsible for complete security incident management life cycle
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of networking concepts and devices (Firewalls, Routers, Switches, NAC, IDS, IPS, etc.).
- Integrate outputs of technical research, e.g., network forensics and reverse engineering, into intelligence products
- Provide analytics in support of incident handling and investigative activities
- Utilize SIEM tools like RSA Netwitness, QRadar, Splunk, LogRhythm, AlienVault
- Utilize Enterprise vulnerability scanner (like Qualys, Tenable, Nexpose) to identify and remediate vulnerabilities
- Understand security concepts such as need-to-know; least privilege; MFA, IPSEC, SSL, DLP, PKI, MitM, Encryption, deep packet inspection,
- Conduct host and network-based forensics, log analysis, and malware triage in support of incident response investigations
- Provide on-call support for Security technologies
- Conduct risk reviews, certifications and control analysis for the IT environment and perform or oversee IT implementation of remediation
- Oversee penetration testing and vulnerability assessment activities
- Analyze and recommend new security products to implement in the technical environment
- Work effectively with the IT group and business leaders
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Security Administrator, Security Analyst or Security Engineer role
- BA/BS degree in computer science, IS, MIS, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Preferred Licensing/Certifications: CEH, GIAC GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, GCFE, GREM, CCNA, Security+, MCSE
- Knowledge of Active Directory/LDAP Directory Services and Windows 2012,2016
- Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, TCP/IP, UDP, RADIUS, 802.1x
- Familiar with common security tools, concepts, practices and procedures.
- Familiar with penetration testing concepts and vulnerability scanning
- Familiar with firewalls/routers/IPS/IDS
- Familiar with VOIP technologies and implementations.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Access, Excel, Word, Project).
- Understanding of computer systems security issues.
- Ability to define complex problems and propose solutions
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation - Position may start as Contract-to-Hire
- On-the-job training
- PTO plus sick time (available if hired permanently)
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (available if hired permanently)
- 401k matching (available if hired permanently)