Associate Business Operations Analyst
Medline Industries, Inc.
Under direct supervision, perform basic data research and financial analysis to support business operations and present findings to manager or project leader. Assist in the preparation of business, financial and data analysis. Develop recommendations to solve problems and issues related to business operations. Collect and analyze data to evaluate trends and results.
- Provide basic analysis and reporting by working with Inventory Management, Information Systems, Financial Audit and other such groups in the organization.
- Analyze scorecards, providing insight into trends or unusual performance. Analyze market strategies, related products, market or share trends.
- Organize plans and recommend basic analysis and reports consistent with continuous oft processes and procedures. Recommend, develop, create and implement standard reporting for routine business reports.
- Monitor for data accuracy, timeliness and integrity in data used in analysis and reporting. Communicate to appropriate personnel if data inaccuracies exist. Collect business intelligence from available industry reports, public information, field reports or purchased sources.
- Ensure follow-up so that analysis and reporting outcomes are reviewed and implemented.
- Support unit or department by performing specific individual assignments. Perform due diligence and transition activities as required.
- Maintain and/or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems or methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, Mathematics or Applied Statistics.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience applying standard financial, accounting and business problem-solving skills to business problems with multiple variables.
- Experience calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, volume.
- Experience in an analytical role in a sales environment.
- Experience with SAP; experience with FoxPro and Visual Basic.
- Experience with financial analysis and data reporting.