Responsible for performing the analysis required to support the development, maintenance and enhancement of applications used by the company and its business partners. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Document requirements, tests system functionality, defines scope and objectives, and formulates systems to support key business processes. Act as a liaison between IT and other business departments.
- Review and analyze project requests to determine impact to existing systems. Translate business requirements into detailed specifications for use by the IT development staff/external providers.
- Analyze and document current workflows, identify opportunities to meet project objectives, business processes, and make recommendations for future approaches.
- Utilize user definitions, use cases and workflow diagrams to illustrate business problems.
- Identify issues and escalate them as appropriate.
- Lead project meetings, e.g., business requirements review, testing strategy review, testing triage calls, etc.
- Actively participate in formal presentations to a variety of management levels.
- Perform system/user testing as required; analyze and validate testing results.
- Provide support and guidance to other IT personnel in business requirements documentation as well as system/user testing.
- Act as a reference and provide support to application users with respect to questions arising from application/functionality adoption and use.
- Perform rules authoring as required to support business requirements