Systems Architect - Security
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Information and Cyber Security (ICS) team is embarking on a multi-year initiative to improve Wells Fargo's resiliency to the tactics, and techniques used by today's most advanced adversaries. ICS is looking to bring together a multi-functional, agile team to partner across disciplines in order to create a more secure future for the company and its customers. Join a team of dedicated cybersecurity professionals working to implement cutting edge threat detection and prevention tools and techniques.
As a member of Information Security Architecture a successful candidate will develop architectural solutions and controls intended to address emerging information security threats to applications, infrastructure, and computing devices integrated with the Wells Fargo environment. Activities will include but not necessarily limited to:
- Support multiple groups within Information and Cyber Security, providing strategic and architecture guidance and collaborating with teams on design and implementation projects.
- With a broad perspective, provide thought leadership and guidance across multiple security disciplines including Cyber Security Monitoring and Defense, Threat and Vulnerability Management, Incident Response and others.
- Project consultation and the creation of or contribution to Candidate Architecture Designs (CAD) and System Architectural Specifications (SAS)
- Artifact creation in the form of position papers, blueprints, patterns, and reference architectures
- Provide architectural support for product and vendor evaluations for solutions intended to address relevant security threats
- Information security control design
- Development of control solutions intended to address risks identified in static code analysis, dynamic security testing, penetration testing, or other assessments
- Collaboration with cross functional teams to identify the need for security solutions and the architectural requirements
- 5+ years of information technology systems design experience
- 1+ year of experience using an industry standard database modeling language
- 7+ years of experience in information security risk management or information security technology
- 5+ years of experience in network security infrastructure (includes firewall, intrusion detection, and cyber threat)
- 5+ years of information security vulnerability assessment experience
- 5 + years of security architecture and artifact development experience
- 5 + years cyber security analysis experience
- 4+ years of cyber threat intelligence experience
- 3 + years of cyber security incidents and events investigation experience
- 3+ years of Information Security Frameworks and standards (FFIEC, NIST, ISO) experience
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experiencing influencing management on technical or business solutions
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience in one or a combination of the following: systems, applications, or architecture planning
- Knowledge and understanding of threat analysis and assessment of potential and current information security risk/threats
- 1+ year of experience with encryption technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of application security planning and security architecture
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- Experience communicating and presenting complex information to multiple levels of the organization
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with information security technologies in different domains with a focus on identity and access management solutions and controls including: application and database security, network and infrastructure security, and cryptographic algorithms and key management.
- Strong understanding of current major threats and vulnerabilities facing the industry and financial sectors.
- Successful candidate will lead the work efforts to create and update architecture across multiple security domains including control requirements, strategy and direction to enable Wells Fargo's businesses in achieving their objectives.
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
IL-Chicago: 10 S Wacker Drive - Chicago, IL
MA-Boston: 125 High Street - Boston, MA
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
PA-Philadelphia: 101 N Independence Mall E - Philadelphia, PA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.