ASSEMBLY WORKER - VARIOUS LEVELS
Nidec-Shimpo America Corporation
We are looking for Mechanical Assemblers with variety of skill levels. Goal is to produce outputs by putting together smaller and larger components. The overall responsibility is to assist in day to day operations, working with an assortment of tools and machinery to make or repair products and parts for distribution. Some mechanical assembly skills are required but will also train. Ability to read and interpret drawings and diagrams, and examines connections for correct fit. Additional training may be required for assembling various parts.
- 1-5 years proven experience as assembler
- Minimum high school education.
- Good English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistency.
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through.
- Requires ability to pass forklift operator course and drive a forklift.
- Regularly possess manual dexterity to put parts or gear reducer together quickly and accurately
- Painting skill
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and physical condition
- Good understanding of quality control
- Technical knowledge and ability to read drawings
- Great technical knowledge and possess great manual dexterity.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent standing and use of hands to finger, handle or touch objects, tools or controls.
- Occasionally required to walk, sit reach above shoulders; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and use foot/feet to operate equipment.
- Often lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Required to use close vision, most often of a computer screen, with ability to adjust focus.
Skills : Teamwork, Coordination, Organization, Planning, Time Management, Dependability, Multitasking skill.
This position requires a person who is able to make quick judgments, has a desire to for increased responsibility and move up in the organization.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Loud noises
- Frequent temperature adjustments
- Manufacturing odors such as oil, paint, exhaust fumes
Compensation and Benefits:
At NIDEC-SHIMPO we see employment as a reciprocal relationship; one where we set high standards for those who work here, but also recognize and reward our team members for their contributions in the form of various company benefits.
· Competitive compensation
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD and LTC Insurance
· Generous 401k match
· Quarterly and Annual bonus program
· Generous Paid Time Off
· Paid holidays
· Employee Relations Events
· Health club membership reimbursements
If you possess the passion and enthusiasm to bring an extraordinary experience and work ethic in a high energy team, we want to hear from you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. This company E-verifies.
- Read and comprehend instructions and follow established procedures
- Positions parts and sub-assemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Use tools to make or repair parts and products.
- Building gear reducers sub-assembling with adapters
- Building gears from parts, testing gears reducers., painting gears reducers
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and sub-assemblies.
- Conduct quality assurance checks to confirm that assembled products meet specifications and quality standards
- Identify any product defects; record and report them accordingly.
- Rework and repair assembled gears products according to engineering specification changes
- Ensure that equipment is operational by handling preventative maintenance, performing regular quality checks, and calling for repairs when necessary
- Performing warehouse inventory controls and keeping quality standards high for audits
- Marking and labeling stock.
- Storing inventory in accessible manner.
- Preparing orders by processing requests, pulling orders, packing boxes and transporting packages to the shipping area and print labels,
- Wrapping and banding outgoing shipments on pallets.
- Building loads with forklift and pallet jack.
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles when needed.