Child Welfare Specialist (Caseworker)
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services
Anticipated Starting Salary: $4,587.00/monthly
Full Salary Range: $4,587.00 - $6,820.00/monthly
Vacancies in multiple cities throughout Illinois.
Under general supervision, provides experienced professional casework services to children and families.
- Determines the need and coordinates the placement of children in substitute care facilities;
- Establishes goals for children and parents;
- Coordinates the development of a comprehensive, family-centered, culturally relevant assessment of children and families;
- Works with intact families and children in home and/or substitute care;
- Conducts interviews with clients and professionals to obtain information for the continued diagnosis of problems and development of treatment plans;
- Counsels on available concrete and supportive services and available therapeutic services and provides same;
- Implements service plans with families;
- Prepares and maintains case documentation for planning, implementing, and evaluating services;
- On a rotating basis, assigned to 24 hour “on call” duty in addition to normal assignments, to ensure that services are provided as mandated by statute and policy.
- Preferably requires a master's degree in social work;
- or a master's degree in a related human service field, supplemented by one year of directly related professional casework/case management experience;
- or requires a bachelor's degree in social work and one year of directly related professional casework/case management experience;
- or requires a bachelor's degree in a related human service field and two years of directly related professional casework/case management experience;
- Requires possession of a valid driver's license, daily access to an automobile, and proof of vehicle insurance;
- Requires physical, visual and auditory ability to carry out assigned duties; requires ability to serve on 24 hour "on call" duty.
The college or university issuing a bachelor's or master's degree must be accredited, and the degree program in social work must be approved by the Council on Social Work Education. The directly related professional casework/case management experience must be related to family preservation, family reunification, adoption, youth development, counseling, and advocacy services or a related field.Apply