Warehouse - General Labor
SURESTAFF is immediately hiring for Warehouse Associates (General Laborers) in Des Plaines, IL. As a Warehouse Associate for SURESTAFF, you will work in a fast-paced distribution environment and be involved in all aspects of warehouse operations including:
- Shipping & Receiving (Picker / Packer)
- Quality Assurance
- Inventory Control (RF Scanners)
No experience is necessary and qualified applicants can start immediately! This posi tion will require candidates to be able to work independently and demonstrate a proactive, problem-solving attitude.
SURESTAFF is invested in their team members! All temporary employees are offered compensation ($15) as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and
vision). Generous referral bonuses are available upon hire.
Available shifts include 1st shift (8:00 AM to 4:30 PM) and 2nd shift (2:30 PM to 11:00 PM). Overtime is available on a first come, first serve basis.
Keywords: Warehouse, forklift, forklift driver, forklift operator, shipping, receiving, receiver, shipper, picker, packer, pick, pack, material handler, freight, selector, scanner, pallet jack, distribution, dock, order, package handler, hiring immediately, immediately hiring, logistics, supply chain, RF Scanners, inventory control, hydraulic jack, general labor, lumper, entry-level, entry level, industrial
SURESTAFF is the leading provider of light industrial, logistics, general labor, skilled trades, manufacturing, and distribution labor in the Chicagoland area with 21 local branches. SURESTAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we follow CDC and Illinois Dept of Health guidelines for everyone’s safety and health.
Responsibilities of the Warehouse Associate (General Laborers):
- Pick, pull, and prepare orders while maintaining an organized shipping and receiving area.
- Process inbound and outbound shipments.
- Load and unload pallets. Scan items into inventory control system using RF Scanner.
- Safely & efficiently use warehouse equipment including pallet jack, hydraulic jack, RF Scanner, computers, and handheld printers.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance duties and report any unsafe work area conditions.
Required Qualifications of the Warehouse Associate (General Laborers):
- Previous warehouse experience and/or training preferred.
- High attention to detail and safety/compliance.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, problem-solving skills, and sound judgement.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.